I know a lot more people that are doing virtual interviews these days and I'm guessing that will start becoming more and more commonplace. I found a few tips so you can make sure you are prepared and stand out from the crowd.
- What I would consider the most important is to make sure you test your tech first. Get on a Zoom or Teams call with a friend so you can check your mic and video.
- This should go without saying but choose a quiet, well-lit space.
- Just like and in person interview make sure you dress appropriately, I know it seems silly to dress up for a video but it can put you in the front of the line.
- And send a follow-up email after your Zoom call ends. A lot of people get lazy with virtual interviews, so stuff like that can really increase your chances.
- Last but not least make sure you Prepare just as much as you would for an in-person interview.
The Career Force did a good video for how to do a virtual interview as well. She breaks it down a lot more than I did.